Saturday, December 14, 2019

Welcome

Hey folks,

I'm Uncle Peter and welcome to Patches & Racks, a blog about my personal journey through the crazy world that is modular synth/Eurorack.

A bit about myself. I am by no means a modular expert (frankly I'm not even an intermediate!). This is a new "hobby" for me and I've only been involved with it for about a couple of years.

I've decided to create this blog for a few reasons. Most important is that I want to show people who are interested in getting into modular what it's actually like, and how fun and unique it is, all from a beginner's perspective.

Secondly, I wanted to have a platform where I could document and record modules and patches that I've experimented with or tried out (it has become increasingly frustrating to wire up a decent sounding patch only to forget how you did it!). Like with most things in life, the best way to learn about modular synth, in my opinion, is to try things out and see what you like.

So what content can you expect from this blog? Mostly posts and videos about patches I've tried or how I've used certain modules and pretty much anything else related to modular.

Also, please feel free to leave a comment if your like something you see/hear or have any criticisms or suggestions. I'm always open to learning new things in this vast hobby!


Happy patching friends!


-Uncle Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment